
It was cold -- 45 degrees at the start to be exact. And it rained. For a very long time. We ran in cold steady rain the last 4 or so miles. At the finish, we could see out breath and in addition to water, they handed us chicken broth. Still, it was the nicest course (now I know why they call it The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon in America). I saw so many people along the way that I trained with all summer long and saw friends, neighbors and Ethan and my parents cheering us on.
My biggest supporters were my fellow runners. Thanks to Mike, Christy and Stan for sticking with me and suffering with a slower finish time.
Needless to say, I can't wait for next year's race!
The starting line was crazy -- that gun went off and all of a sudden it was real!





2 comments:
YOU GO GIRL! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...I CAN NOT IMAGINE RUNNING 26.2 MILES
lets have a phone chat soon
miss you, love you
YOU GO GIRL
SO PROUD OF YOU!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment