Monday, September 29, 2008

Walking for Liz

A few months ago, I was introduced to Matt and Madeline via his blog and was moved to tears in less than a minute. I sat there for what must have been at least 3 hours, reading every post, every comment, and stared at every picture. I cried a lot at first. But I also laughed out loud at Matt’s wit. In spite of the tragedy he and his family suffered he writes humorous tidbits at times that makes you smile for a second as you wipe the tears out of your eyes. Very raw emotion. Very real. You see, Matt and Madeline lost Liz 27 hours after Madeline was born.

As a Mom and a wife, I have been touched and I am striving to make our lives that much better. His blog is worth following. His journey is changing day by day as his little girl continues to grow and he continues to embrace the changes that he has had to endure without his wife, Liz.

Last weekend would have marked Liz's 31st birthday. In honor of her, I packed Ethan in the jogger and headed to Lake Calhoun to run the Liz Goodman Logelin Memorial 5k. It was heartwrenching, moving, yet amazing. There must have been 200 people united in remembering a woman most of us never knew.

And, it was really great to meet someone whom I felt I already knew so much about. And Ethan loved little itty bitty Madeline too.

1 comment:

positivechaos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.