Monday, February 2, 2009

Tidbits

I’ve been on hiatus from the blog as we try to get back into a groove here now that we're all healthy and I am done traveling for a bit.

January was full of lots of changes and new things for Ethan (and us). It is amazing how expressive he is becoming and we love how you can see his little mind at work. I left mid-month for a long faraway trip and mid-week, Mike sprung it on me that not only was he going to take away Ethan's night time bottle, he was going to switch over to a sippy cup for the morning. Yikes. I was panicked. Was he crazy? Doing this on his own? Okay. Well, it worked and by the time I got home, I was able to do this:

Packing up those bottles and all the parts and throwing away the brushes was great! He has taken on a new love for the sippy cup. And while this is easier, it's also a tangible sign that he is no longer a baby. Kinda makes me sad. But, as you can see, it's going well!

Also new to our family this month was Ethan's transition into his new toddler room at daycare. He was ready, it was time, but this one was hard on me. He's already made lots of new friends, and I know the additional stimulation of being around older children, going outside during the day and a more intensive lesson plan are all good for him. And the socialization and activity is really good for his development.

Ethan's latest thing is an obsession with the phone. Our home phone, our cell phones, our blackberrys, his play phones -- he loves them all. And, he holds them to his ear and tilts his head. It is adorable. When they ring, he says "ut-oh!" Kinda sounds like hello, but I'm not so sure...

2 comments:

SharonL54 said...

I love you Ethan. You are such a big boy already. I miss you and hope to see you soon. Love, Grammy

SharonL54 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.